Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai’s Shilpa Shinde quits show, claims mental torture

Shilpa Shinde who plays Angoori bhabhi on Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai has quit the show. She claims she was being mentally tortured. (&TV)

Shilpa Shinde, who plays Angoori bhabhi in &TV’s popular Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai, has quit the TV show citing mental torture and a threat to her career. She also claimed that the show’s producer Benaifer Kohli of being a “terror on sets”. The channel and production house, meanwhile, has slammed Shilpa for throwing a tantrum and just stopping showing up for work.

According to a Times of India report, Shilpa said she has been mentally tortured and will take legal action against the show’s makers. “I have been mentally tortured by the channel and the production house. They have threatened to sabotage my career if I take up work on rival channels. I am extremely upset about the whole issue and especially with the fact that they have mentioned about me being unprofessional and one who throws tantrums. I have had a lot of issues but never did I crib about anything, but after such a statement, I am very upset and have stopped shooting.”

Shilpa claims she was up for pay revision after the show completed a year but it was refused to her. She also said that she was forced to shoot even when unwell. “They never gave me any off. I underwent a surgery for appendix, but these people called me within three days... I have a migraine problem. I even worked when I suffered from throat infection. I was on antibiotics but I never had them as I used to feel sleepy after taking medicines. I did everything for the show but this is what I am getting in return,” she told the daily.

Talking about Benaifer, he said, “She is a terror on the sets. Benafir mentally tortures actors. Ask the actors who have worked with her. I am planning to file a mental harassment case against her.”

The producer, meanwhile, has trained her gun on Shilpa’s attitude. Talking to a website, she said, “Shilpa was signed for a certain amount on the condition that she won’t ask for a raise. But within the first year, she asked for a raise twice and was given on both occasions. So what is she talking about? She finally said that if we don’t raise her fee a third time, she will stop coming on the sets under the pretext of a migraine. And see, that’s what she’s doing.” She also said that Shilpa has a dress designer and jewellery designer working with her but still is not happy with the situation.

Kohli also said that a legal notice has been sent to the actor. “Since she is the one to repeatedly breach the contract, we have sent across a legal notice to her and we will take necessary actions against her as instructed by our team of lawyers.”

11 Revelations made by Shilpa Shinde aka Angoori of 'Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hai' on quitting the show

Shilpa Shinde's trade mark dialogue 'Sahi Pakde Hain', as 'Angoori' from &TV's comic caper 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai!', has become an instant hit with everyone. From children to adults, 'Angoori' has mesmerized everyone with her innocent child-like persona. Looking ravishing in saris with matching accessories, Shilpa has been basking in the success of the show. However, the actress has stopped shooting for the show owing to her fallout with the channel and the production house (&TV and EDIT 2 Production). The makers have accused the actress of throwing tantrums but Shilpa has denied all the allegations and claims innocence. In an exclusive conversation with TV Times, Shilpa Shinde clears the air about the controversy... (Credits: Vijaya Tiwari)


11. On doing 'The Kapil Sharma show'

Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai’s Shilpa Shinde quits show, claims mental torture Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai’s Shilpa Shinde quits show, claims mental torture Reviewed by Unknown on 12:41:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.