Abuse me, but don't target my son, tweets Vijay Mallya

Don’t abuse my son Siddharth Mallya: Vijay Mallya on Twitter

Vijay Mallya
UB Group chairman Vijay Mallya has strongly defended his son Siddharth, stating that he should not be blamed or abused for any controversy. Mallya said his son has no connection whatsoever with his father’s business.

Mallya used micro blogging site Twitter to ask people not to target Siddharth Mallya and not involve him in a loan default case that Mallya is currently involved in. Mallya said he can be abused but not his son. “My son Sid @sidmallya does not deserve all this abuse as he had nothing to do with my business. Slam me if you must but not a young man,” he said in a series of tweets sent out on Wednesday morning. It is reported that Siddharth received a massive number of abusive tweets after Mallya left the country on March 2. People have attacked Siddarth via twitter for the way his father left the country and is going to the UK.

Siddharth had replied to several of those tweets. “What joy do ppl get from abusing on social media? Do they feel powerful, do they feel big, do they feel strong??” he tweeted.

Siddharth said out of every 10 tweets he received, nine were abusive and one positive. He thanked all those who tweeted positively. Many people had tweeted that Kingfisher Airlines was started by Mallya as a birthday gift to Siddharth and he should also be held responsible for the loan defaults to Indian banks.

The 28-year old Siddarth is pursuing an acting career in Hollywood. He is currently studying at a drama school in London.

Mallya said his son does not deserve all this hatred and abuse. “He has had nothing to do with my business. Shower abuse on me if you must but not him (Siddarth),” Mallya added.

Mallya left the country on March 2, the day the consortium of banks moved the debt recovery tribunal in Bengaluru seeking his arrest and the impounding of his passport, among other pleas. 
Mallya, who is said to be camping in his London estate, is facing charges of money laundering. His dues to the banks are in excess of R9,000 crore.
Abuse me, but don't target my son, tweets Vijay Mallya Abuse me, but don't target my son, tweets Vijay Mallya Reviewed by Unknown on 15:04:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.