Oscar 2016 : The Danish Girl

Oscar-winner Alicia Vikander: 'I never thought I'd do films in English'

Alicia Vikander backstage at the Oscars
Alicia Vikander still couldn’t quite believe her good fortune while backstage at the Academy Awards, after winning her first Oscar for best supporting actress in The Danish Girl.

Visibly holding back tears, Vikander admitted to being in a total blur: “I’m still trying to remember anything that happened in the last five minutes!”

She recalling how she and her mother used to wake up at 2am in Sweden every year when she was young, to watch the ceremony.“This is a celebration of film and the people behind it. I’m just honored to be a part of this tonight.”

Vikander, a former dancer, first broke out in the 2012 Oscar-nominated Danish period romance A Royal Affair. She’s since appeared in mostly English-language features, including Anna Karenina, Ex Machina, The Man From UNCLE and The Danish Girl. “I never thought, back home, that I’d do films in English,” she said. “[I thought] if I could continue to work that would be great.”
Vikander is next to be seen opposite Michael Fassbender in drama The Light Between Oceans and Matt Damon in Jason Bourne.
Oscar 2016 : The Danish Girl Oscar 2016 : The Danish Girl Reviewed by Unknown on 14:06:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.